TheBigPictureTheBigPicture

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

Gravity Runner Gravity Runner

WOW!

Great game.. very challenging.. Isaac Newton would have fun playing this game!! The game is your classic, 'you've got to be damn good to get far' type. It has interesting physics and an uncompromising environment.

Do you realize what you could do with this game??..... Set up a booth at a fair like a Carny with a bunch of computers (use plexy-glass to protect com and monitor but players have access to keyboard.. Get a bunch of stuffed animals (or other nifty prizes).. And then charge people 2$ a pop to play lev 5! You might make a damn fortune... hahahahaha

Definitely never a game that I'd call 'too easy'...

LoZ - Simdate RPG LoZ - Simdate RPG

Pretty good

Well, I know you're going through the debug process at the moment so I'll mention the glitches I ran accross.

#1. If you go to a girl and talk with her twice, you can leave, then talk to her twice again on the same day (I think you only intended twice per girl per day).

#2.During the date scene, after you get the girl to kiss you and then you hit the exit button, if you hit exit again quickly, she won't become your girlfriend-- you have to hit exit once and then wait about 5 seconds-- I had a couple confusions with this and I imagine others will too.

#3. During the date scene, once you kiss the girl, if you hit exit once, then hit kiss again, you can keep increasing the date meter indefinitely (if you keep doing this).

#4. I got irreperably stuck in map one (starting point) -- too bad I can't tell you exact x/y coordinates, but I got stuck in the exact place more than once so it's def a prob stick-- go directly above the yellow sign- 1 grid up- and top left of yellow sign-- between yellow sign and that raised hill thing with the stairs.

As for the game, it was alright, some more challenging fight may be good, a scale thing so you get MORE strength and charisma when you beat the 1000 hp drunk guy as opposed to the 100hp guy, instead of just random. Maybe a boss at the end? It may be nice if you could integrate some monsters/mazes/riddles/quests etc.. to make it a little more like classic Zelda-- while of course, the ultimate goal is to get the chicks naked.

Maybe I'm talking about the sequel... anyway, good work.

LilDwarf responds:

You have no idea buddy....I have to read like 30 PMs one by one, find the error, fix it, test it, see another PM, then check the reviews...I'm going crazy with all these bugs @____@ I'll finish fixing them tomorrow..I'm exhausted right now.

The Last Stand. The Last Stand.

OK..

This game's alright, graphics, concept, weapons-- are all good. I got all the weapons, and then eventually got bored and quit. I really didn't find this game to be very challenging, in fact it would be very difficult to die, I even left during the middle of a zombie attack to get some apple juice, then came back like 2 minutes later and still easily killed off all the zombies-- in like level 15 LOL...

An example of a challenging action game would be Tom Fulp's Alien Hominid, fast paced action on the edge of a knife. You need skill, speed, and keeping your wits about you to survive-- that's what makes a great action game. This game doesn't really have that, it's way too easy-- and that will eventually put you to sleep.

The Tutorial Collab '06 The Tutorial Collab '06

Thanks...

I appreciate what you guys have done to make this tutorial. It has a lot of very valuable and easily understandible information and instructions. By making it kind of unformal and humorous you guys made it funner and better at holding people's (at least my)attention.

It isn't perfect though, because, like many tutorials, some parts are unnecessarily confusing. This happens when the authors make assumptions: like for instance, that a beginner would know the procedure of how to open and use a dynamic text box-- without more detailed instructions. For many people, assumptions such as this will cause frustration.

Well, that's it. I think you guys did a good job overall and helped make it fun to learn flash, but, I also think that you could have done a better job by giving more careful and detailed step-by-step instructions in some cases-- in the end this would make the tutorial a more effective teaching tool.

Depredation responds:

Thank you for the very in depth response, i, and the next tut collab crew will work on them next time :). Thanks.

Styleless Ranger! Styleless Ranger!

Pretty good.

I second what the last guy said, I played stick trinity and everybody said it was a rip off of this game. So I checked this game out to see, and yes, the only difference with stick trinity is that the sprites changed slightly (in some cases very slightly)--- From what I can see, and I understand game designing, all the object properties/parameters are the same.

If you aren't the author of stick trinity, then your game definately got ripped off.

Agnry Faic Agnry Faic

Tough game

Well done, I liked it, simple yet very challenging, the animations and glossy graphics gave the game an upbeat feel. The only things that I could think of to improve it would be changing backgrounds as you advance and bonuses for long combos.